Sally is an accomplished author and editor with a unique fascination for drinking games. Her enthusiasm for exploring and mastering new games and tactics is infectious. Sally takes pleasure in sharing her insights and facilitating others in their quest to find their next favorite game.
Hey there! I'm Samantha, and I'm here to teach you how to play the super fun word game called Contact. Get ready to have a blast with your friends at the bar or any social gathering!
What you'll need:
- A group of friends (the more, the merrier!)
- Pen and paper for each player
- A timer (optional)
How to play:
1. Gather everyone in a circle and decide on a starting player. This person will think of a word and keep it a secret.
2. The starting player will then give a clue about the word they are thinking of. Here's the catch: the clue must start with the same letter as the word itself. For example, if the word is "banana," the clue could be "fruit."
3. The other players will then take turns guessing the word based on the clue. If someone thinks they know the word, they can say "Contact!" and give their guess.
4. If the guess is correct, the starting player reveals the word and the guesser becomes the new starting player for the next round.
5. If the guess is incorrect, the starting player can give another clue that starts with the same letter as the word. The guesser can continue guessing until they get it right or decide to pass.
6. The game continues with each player taking turns as the starting player and giving clues for their chosen words.
Rules to remember:
- The clue must start with the same letter as the word.
- The word cannot be a proper noun or a name.
- The word should be something that most people would know or be able to guess.
- Players can't use the same word that has already been used in the game.
Tips and strategies:
- Be creative with your clues! The more unique and clever your clue is, the more challenging and fun the game becomes.
- If you're the starting player, try to think of words that have multiple meanings or can be associated with different things. This will keep the game interesting and unpredictable.
- As a guesser, pay close attention to the clues given by the starting player. Sometimes, they might drop hints within the clue itself.
- If you're having trouble coming up with a word, try thinking of a category or theme and then find a word that fits. For example, if the category is "animals," you could choose the word "elephant."
Now that you know how to play Contact, gather your friends, grab some drinks, and get ready for a night of laughter and friendly competition. Cheers!